Search This Blog

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kim's Teriyaki

I have to agree with a friend of mine, last name ... Lopez who only recently started eating "Asian" food. He says this is a good place for Teriyaki. At his recommendation, this is the place I met with Beth for dinner when we needed a place to meet in that area of town. Kim's is located at 927 W Garland Ave.

Beth ordered Teriyaki and I ordered honey garlic teriyaki. Although I didn't like the Honey Garlic Chicken dish I had ordered, which was the "new menu item, " (It was way too sweet, and deep fried.) I have to agree with Lopez; if you do not usually like Asian food, the teriyaki at Kim's will change your mind, or maybe even taste buds.

We were also surprised as the size of our orders which were served with rice and salad and there is also "free" soup while you are waiting. Unfortunately, the free soup was not available when we were there, ( it was being refreshed, or something,) but it is offered by the restaurant when available.

I had tried this restaurant once before when it first opened and I didn't really care for it, but then I didn't order teriyaki either. I didn't like the serve-yourself/fast food feel to it I guess. I still kinda do not like it since I was unhappy with the Honey Garlic Chicken. It was like eating candy, However, the teriyaki, especially if it is take out, it would suit me fine.

This restaurant is located directly across the street from the Garland Theater, on the south side. It might be a fun stop for a fast food stop or quick dinner in that area of town, but then I would probably only order teriyaki chicken, because it really was yummy! And if you were not too hungry, one of their large plates would most likely be enough for two to share.

However, be warned- the honey garlic chicken is way too sweet for some people, especially me.

No comments:

Post a Comment