Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Mama Mia's Ristorante and Pizzeria


I am blessed that I have friends who like to eat, moreso friends who like to take m out to lunch.  Today a friend of mine took me for lunch at Mama Mia's.  I had never been here before and was pleasantly surprised to find out that this place makes most of their ingredients from scratch, even gnocchi! 




When I entered the restaurant the first thing to catch my attention was some super sized photos on the wall.  We soon learned these were not photos but paintings.  They are rather ominous.  One painting was of the artist of the paintings,and the other was the owner of this little Italian restaurant in North Spokane.

It was really hard for me to decide what to order as the menu had a lot of things I like.  My friend deliberated a bit as well.

So, after long deliberation and ordering a latte and an Italian soda, I ordered the Sicilian Style Lasagna and my friend ordered the Pesto Pasta.  Our meals came with salad (or soup) and bread which felt warm and fresh out of the oven.




In addition, we ordered a pizza to-go.



 

Sicilian Style Lasagna has spinach and sausage and olives in the sauce, and it was really delicious. The regular lasagna, if it came without the extra ingredients must have been rather plain.  

I really liked the atmosphere of this little tucked away place.   There seemed to be a lot of people there for lunch, although we went late so we probably missed the rush.   I guess I just like to see people relaxing and enjoying themselves over a meal.  That is what we were doing too.

I hope to come back some other day an try the gnocchi, as I am rather impressed that they make it there.  I probably should have tried it today, but I was not really in the mood for gnocchi.  The way I see it, I have a reason to visit this place again.  How many places are there that make their own gnocchi besides your Nonnie?  Not many, that's for sure.

Mamma Mia's is located at 420 W Francis Ave.  In addition to catering and hosting parties they also have a lunch buffet 11:00-2:00 Monday thru Friday.  I was so busy visiting with my friend that the buffet eluded me, but that sounds interesting too.  Well, maybe next time.....

CIAO!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment