Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fro Yo Earth

I can only tell you that visiting here to eat frozen yogurt was just plain fun! 

I have to admit, I was skeptical.  I had heard a lot of hype about a new yogurt place opening in Spokane... a couple of them, but quite frankly, I was not very excited.  I mean, how excited an you get about frozen yogurt... really?


Well, one day out with some kids I know we happened past this place.  they had been there before and were quite excited, even hoping to go again, so in we went. It was just like they remembered it from their visit when it opened back in August.  They knew how it all worked at this yogurt shop too, and showed me around.








When you walk in, you see dispensers on the wall, labeled with the various flavors being offered.  You can try them too.  There are little sample cups which you can fill with your flavor selection to see if it is what you like.  Then you simply take another cup and try another flavor.  When you know what you'd like the best, you make your own dessert.  You can even swirl your flavors if they are side by side in one machine. 


Here is a list of the choices we had that day:
Alpine Vanilla, Cable Car Chocolate

Original Wildberry Tart, All Natural Tart Green Apple

All Natural Orange Creamsicle, No Sugar Added Raspberry

Heath Toffe Bar, Reese's Peanut Butter

Pumpkin,  New York Cheesecake

Cake Batter, Rasp. Pomegranate Sorbet


I tried serveral before deciding my favorite flavors of the day.  The kids picked their too and then we all shared.  There was pomegranate Sorbet... Reeses'... Heath...and Alpine Vanilla. 




I liked my FroYo experience so much, I went again with Geo and a friend later the same week!  Geo liked it.  He at his with several toppings, mainly coconut and chocolate covered almonds.  I ate mine plain.  Our friend enjoyed her yogurt too, though she complained about the Tart Apple flavor. Her assessment was that it was indeed quite tart.  Probably a fair assessment, I think.  I didn't try that one, thinking of course, that it might be "tart."  I know everyone has different tastes and I know of one person who does not like any of it at all, but for the ones I tried, all I can say, is yum!  I liked it.

Did I mention, the Froyo experience is also very fun?

The fun part at Froyo has simply got to be making your own dessert and being somewhat uninhibited by cost as you make your selection.  This is because you pay by the ounce for toppings too.  It's pretty simple, all you do is pick your cup size, and make your own desert.  And here is a nifty little deal... there is a discount of 5% if you pay in cash as opposed to using a credit card.  It's not just about dessert wither.... you can do breakfast too.  They advertise that they also make fresh waffles, no doubt for your creative culinary breakfast yogurt endeavor, if that sounds like fun to you.

The maximum caloric content (for yogurt only,) I was told, is 110 calories per four ounces.  You can check out their nutritional information at froyoearth.com under the menu option.  The sorbets are lover in calories and gluten free.  There are a lot of various topping you can put on your dessert, so if you are worried about calories, skip those.... but if you are okay with it, there's some great choices there too.  Here too, you can, as Froyo says,  "mix and match and top to your heart's content!"


Listed are toppings of Fresh Blueberries, Fresh Raspberries, Fresh Strawberries, Fresh Blackberries, Fresh Bananas or Pineapple

No comments:

Post a Comment